Posts in category: Crafts Hobbies
By Sharon Hernes Silverman,David Bienkowski,Alan Wycheck
By Doreen L. Marquart
Best-selling writer Doreen L. Marquart exhibits how one can characteristic your favourite stitches in crowd pleasing afghans. achieve an figuring out of gauge, sew counts, and repeats, and paintings optimistically with any sew from any resource. you are going to check with this source back and again.
- Library of eighty stitches, plus eleven attractive projects
- Turn designs with various sew counts into blocks of an identical measurement to combine and match
- Afghans contain samplers in addition to repeat-block and single-stitch designs
By Winifred Aldrich
By Stacey Trock
Stacey Trock, writer of Cuddly Crochet, offers an excellent new number of cuddly stuffies. locate animals from each continent and the ocean, all made with earth-friendly yarns. realize enjoyable evidence concerning the yarns and regions.
- Create a moose, panda, penguin, alpaca, snake, fish, and some surprises
- Turn fibers resembling soy, bamboo, natural cotton, and undyed wool into child-friendly toys
- Get uncomplicated information on crochet in addition to stuffed-animal meeting in tasks for all ability levels
By Maja Pitamic
By Karen Carson-McGuire
By Wendy S. Arbeit
Links to the previous makes this attainable through reuniting greater than 1000 eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century Hawaiian artifacts from over seventy associations and collections around the world. The e-book is split into twenty-one sections (wooden bowls, gourds, stone vessels, etc.), every one brought with colour photos, fees from modern resources, and short ancient and technical details. those are by means of dozens of line drawings (more than 1,400 in all) in keeping with real artifacts or pictures and interested in scale inside every one item classification. jointly they aid and improve studying approximately item shapes, styles, sizes, and, on occasion, switch over the years. actual and specified illustrations reproduce gourd, basket, and mat patterns—now light and virtually invisible at the gadgets themselves—as in actual fact and vibrantly as after they have been first created.
Links to the prior is exclusive in bringing jointly hundreds and hundreds of conventional Hawaiian items in a single ebook. in terms of enthusiasts, helmets, and patterned water gourds, virtually each identified artifact is represented. various items provided right here have hardly ever or by no means been obvious in print. The booklet will end up valuable to these eager about the research and construction of Pacific paintings and visible tradition and readers drawn to early cultural alternate and development and layout between indigenous cultures.
By Phillip R. Eck
By Terrie Kygar
It's time for brand spanking new enjoyable with an outdated favorite--crayons! utilizing the hot Melt-n-Blend strategy, anyone can create attractive applique designs with a dimensional, hand-painted glance that brings quilts to life.
- Learn to tint and colour luscious culmination, lovely blossoms, and more--using crayons, coloured pencils, and markers
- Choose from seven inspiring tasks of accelerating complexity, with whatever for each ability level
- Make distinct applique designs that may be utilized in any project--simply fuse them into place
By Cynthia Tinapple
Polymer artists are hooked up like by no means earlier than. because the acclaimed curator of the preferred weblog PolymerClayDaily.com, Cynthia Tinapple brings jointly one hundred fifteen various artists from world wide to show off the paintings of this new foreign community. Polymer Clay worldwide Perspectives invites you to discover the tendencies and state of the art kinds which are influencing the way forward for this medium. during this masterful assortment, you are going to find:
· how to create significant paintings that displays your character and vision
· Behind-the-scenes profiles of thirteen leading edge artists of their studios
· step by step initiatives through members who percentage their signature tools, such as mokume gane,extruded canes, and tailored glass-blowing techniques
· Galleries showcasing the simplest of the easiest polymer paintings in jewellery, miniatures, sculpture, and lots more and plenty more
With artists together with Kim Korringa, Shay Aaron, and Fabiola Perez providing their services, you will find never-ending idea to take your paintings to the subsequent point. commence your personal trip during the new panorama of up to date polymer. an international of chances awaits.