By Reginald A. Ray PhD.
What does it suggest to "meditate with the body"? till you resolution this question, explains Reggie Ray, meditation can be not more than a psychological gymnastic —something you could perform for years with no fruitful effects.
In Touching Enlightenment, the esteemed writer of 5 books approximately Buddhist background and perform courses you again to the unique perform of the Buddha: a scientific strategy that leads to a profound information on your physique instead of on your head.
Combining the scholarship that has earned him foreign renown with unique insights from approximately 4 many years practising and instructing meditation, Reggie Ray invitations you to discover:
- How to go into totally into communion along with your embodied nature
- The insights of Tibetan yoga, from advice on respiring and dealing with soreness to its problem to fashionable practitioners at the route to realization
- Why "rejected" adventure turns into imprinted within the physique —and the right way to obtain it anew to reconstitute your human means of being
- Karma of reason and karma of outcome —taking complete accountability in your life
- Your 3 bodies—the actual, the interpersonal, and the cosmic
"To be wakeful, to be enlightened, is to be absolutely and entirely embodied. To be totally embodied potential to be at one with who we're, in each recognize, together with our actual being, our feelings, and the totality of our karmic situation," writes Reggie Ray. In Touching Enlightenment, he provides you with a map of exceptional readability and tool for embarking at the trip towards final recognition in and during the body.
Read or Download Touching Enlightenment: Finding Realization in the Body PDF
Similar buddhism books
While conditions are not easy how will we react? This publication deals how you can support us boost higher internal power and openness to existence by means of altering the behavior of what Rob Preece calls "self-preoccupation"—the tendency to behave from a slim point of view ruled by way of lack of confidence and isolation. once we learn how to glance open air this mentality and actually cherish others in addition to ourselves, we create a happier, comfortable brain and extra enjoyable relationships, in addition to understanding our life's goal in a significant method.
The Wheel of Sharp guns, the traditional Indian Buddhist perform of lojong or brain education, contains strong the way to reduce via self-cherishing and self-grasping and therefore gets rid of the hindrances to reaching complete enlightenment. Gelek Rimpoche's remark stands by myself in its comprehensiveness and readability - a unprecedented gem to not be overlooked.
The Dispeller of hindrances is the guts essence of the comprehensive grasp Padmasambhava who perceives the 3 instances within the entirity. it's the quintessence of 1 billion center sadhanas of the Guru, the main particular terma buried within the land of Tibet; and it's the first one of the 4 Cycles of Guru Sadhana.
Sur les flancs de l'Himalaya, au détour du chemin, Jo, un jeune dealer français en quête de sens, fait l. a. rencontre inattendue d'une vieille nonne tibétaine. Isolé par l'eau et le feu, et trois jours durant, il découvre grâce à elle le mystery objet de sa recherche : le désir d'être libre. « D'où viens-tu ?
- Réveiller le Bouddha: Comment le dynamisme d'un mouvement bouddhique contemporain est en train de changer notre conception de la religion (French Edition)
- On the Path to Enlightenment: Heart Advice from the Great Tibetan Masters
- Mushotoku Mind: The Heart of the Heart Sutra
- Longing for the Wild
Additional resources for Touching Enlightenment: Finding Realization in the Body